The W Hotel describes its downtown Minneapolis home, The Foshay, as 447 feet of “historical chic.”
But Minnesota’s first skyscraper — initially billed as the tallest building between the Mississippi and the West coast — wasn’t always such a vibrant space.
The story of how the 82-year-old edifice was transformed from an outdated office complex to one of Minneapolis’ most aesthetically interesting buildings is the subject of a panel discussion that will be held on Monday, Sept. 19.
"Three Years in the Foshay: Inside the Design of W Minneapolis," will feature the team responsible for the building’s transformation, including architects, interior designers and historical consultants. The group will share the highlights, challenges and inspirations that went into the renovation, organizers say.
A cocktail reception begins at 5:30 p.m. and the program is from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., to be followed by informal tours of the building, including special access to the Foshay Museum and observation deck.
Admission is free but space is limited and reservations are required. To reserve a seat, e-mail WMPLS@HansonPR.com by Sept. 12.
This event is being held in partnership with yours truly. You’re welcome. And enjoy the view.
28 Notes/ Hide
- mon-ame-je-ne-sais-quoi reblogged this from metromag
- cityaddict likes this
- k-style-c reblogged this from metromag
- xmith reblogged this from stuffaboutminneapolis
- jessicasusan reblogged this from stuffaboutminneapolis
- artwolf likes this
- mango-pirates likes this
- kristenquotidienne reblogged this from stuffaboutminneapolis and added:
- kevinwatterson reblogged this from stuffaboutminneapolis and added:
- kellydeal likes this
- macmankev likes this
- musichistory likes this
- bennesvig likes this
- bookofjen likes this
- bebliss likes this
- preachers-wife likes this
- stuffaboutminneapolis reblogged this from metromag
- stuffaboutminneapolis likes this
- fascinatedbydinosaurs likes this
- thejournalmpls reblogged this from metromag
- thomaslowrysghost likes this
- modernarth reblogged this from metromag and added:
- wearaboot said: Time?
- metromag posted this